The Dean of Glasgow & Galloway, the Very Rev Ian Barcroft, joined us in the signing of our Mission Action Plan on November 1, All Saints Day, 2014.
The Diocesan Strategy for Growth involves every church in the Diocese in Mission Action Planning for the year ahead and reviewing progress annually with the Bishop.
All Saints’ Vestry and congregation agreed to focus initially on the strands of Prayer and Spirituality, and Learning and Discipleship.
Specifically, we intend to:
- hold open worship evenings and house groups;
- establish a church library;
- establish a Men’s Group;
- provide further training of intercessors, readers, communion assistants, sidespeople and pastoral assistants;
- run a Discipleship Explored Course during Lent 2015;
- work towards forming an enlarged multi-use space in the church.
We are grateful to our Diocesan facilitator, Maggie Sheen, from St Michael and All Angels, Helensburgh, for her help and encouragement.