The Diocese of Glasgow & Galloway held its first-ever ‘virtual’ Synod by Zoom on 31 July this year. Full details of Synod business with documents can be found here.
The main issues discussed and decided upon included:
• The adoption of a new Constitution more appropriate to current times and Canons, with particular regard to the election of members to the Diocesan Council (Charity Trustees) and to General Synod, as well as the encouragement of Regional Councils to renew their status as places of fellowship, sharing and influence with a greater freedom to shape their own destinies.
• A report from General Synod on a number of important issues, especially on Climate Change.
• An update on the new Diocesan Centre.
• A detailed explanation of the principles of Transitional Ministry being piloted by the Canon Missioner in the Heartland group of churches, a pilot from which the Diocese hopes to extrapolate useful principles for vacancies that emerge across the regions in future years.
• Proposed changes to the Scottish Liturgy 1982.
• The decision to close St Mungo’s Alexandria.